Aluminum PG Clamp is also known as Aluminum Parallel Groove Clamp that are used in electrical systems to hold the connection wires and conductors in parallel. It is especially designed to connect two bare conductors. It is made from top grade engineering metals which make them conductive and allows to tightly hold high tension electrical wires. Aluminum Parallel Groove Clamp uses fasteners for the tightening of the the two the joint. It is provided with a holes in between them through which conductors are passed. The material used for the manufacturing imparts high strength to the structure of the clamp and make them able to hold the wires steadily.
Aluminum PG Clamp Specifications:
- Shape: Rectangle
- Material: Aluminum
- Colour: Silver
- Finish Type: Polished
- Conductor Type: ACSR Panther Conductor, ACSR Weasel Conductor, ACSR Dog Conductor, ACSR Rabbit Conductor
Aluminum Parallel Groove Clamp Features:
- High corrosion resistance
- It is highly durable in nature
- Stainless steel based bolts
- Holding support of transmission conductors
- The hot-forged finish in aluminium alloy construction
- Nuts in hot-dip galvanized finished and washer supporter for corrosion protected
Parallel Groove Clamp Applications:
1. Power Distribution Systems: PG Clamps are widely used in power distribution systems to connect overhead transmission and distribution lines. They are particularly useful in areas where there is a need to join two parallel conductors without cutting them.
2. Telecommunication: PG Clamps are used in telecommunication systems to connect overhead lines and ground wires. They are commonly used in high voltage transmission lines and in areas where there is a need for high conductivity and reliability.
3. Railway Electrification: PG Clamps are used in railway electrification systems to connect overhead lines and rails. They are particularly useful in areas where there is a need for high conductivity and reliability.
4. Industrial Applications: PG Clamps are used in various industrial applications to connect power cables and grounding wires. They are particularly useful in areas where there is a need for high conductivity and reliability, such as in power plants, steel mills, and chemical plants.
Overall, PG Clamps are versatile and reliable electrical connectors that are widely used in various applications where there is a need for a secure and efficient electrical connection.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. What is a PG Clamp?
Ans: A PG Clamp (Parallel Groove Clamp) is an electrical connector used to join two parallel conductors. It uses a clamping mechanism to apply pressure to the conductors and create a secure electrical connection.
2. What are the types of PG Clamps?
Ans: There are different types of PG Clamps, including bolted type, compression type, and wedge type. Bolted type PG Clamps require nuts and bolts to be tightened, while compression type PG Clamps use a hydraulic tool to apply pressure. Wedge type PG Clamps use a wedge to clamp the conductors.
3. What are the materials used in PG Clamps?
Ans: PG Clamps are usually made of high-strength aluminum alloy or copper alloy, which is resistant to corrosion and provides good electrical conductivity.
4. What is the advantage of using PG Clamps?
Ans: PG Clamps offer several advantages, including easy installation, reliability, and flexibility. They are also cost-effective and can be used in various applications.
5. What are the applications of PG Clamps?
Ans: PG Clamps are commonly used in power distribution systems, telecommunication systems, railway electrification systems, and various industrial applications.
6. How to choose the right PG Clamp?
Ans: The choice of PG Clamp depends on the application, conductor size, and type of conductors. It is recommended to consult with an expert or the manufacturer to select the appropriate PG Clamp for the specific application.