An optical fiber cable suspension clamp is a device used to secure and suspend an optical fiber cable from a supporting structure such as a pole or a tower. The clamp is designed to grip the cable without damaging its outer jacket or inner fibers, while also providing a strong and secure attachment point.
The suspension clamp typically consists of a metal or plastic body with a grooved channel that runs along its length. The cable is placed into the channel, and the clamp is tightened down to grip the cable firmly.
The clamp is then attached to a mounting bracket or hook, which is secured to the supporting structure. The mounting bracket or hook can be designed to allow for easy adjustment of the cable's height or tension, depending on the specific application.
Optical fiber cable suspension clamps are commonly used in telecommunications and data networks to support overhead fiber optic cables. They can also be used in other applications where cables need to be suspended securely and safely, such as in power transmission and distribution systems or in industrial control and automation systems.
Optical Fiber Cable Suspension Clamp Features:
1. Cable Compatibility: The clamp should be designed to securely hold the specific type and size of optical fiber cable being used, without causing any damage to the cable's outer jacket or inner fibers.
2. Secure Gripping: The clamp should provide a strong and secure grip on the cable to prevent it from slipping or sagging, even under heavy loads or extreme weather conditions.
3. Easy Installation: The clamp should be easy to install and adjust, with minimal tools or specialized equipment required.
4. Corrosion Resistance: The clamp should be made of materials that are resistant to corrosion, rust, and other environmental factors that can degrade its performance over time.
5. High Strength: The clamp should be designed to withstand high tension and loads without deforming or breaking.
6. Weather Resistance: The clamp should be able to withstand exposure to extreme temperatures, moisture, and UV radiation without deteriorating or losing its grip on the cable.
7. Vibration Damping: The clamp should be able to absorb or dampen vibrations that can cause damage to the cable or affect its signal transmission quality.
Optical Fiber Cable Suspension Clamp Specifications:
- Color: Black
- Cable Size: 8 - 20 mm.
- Material: UV Resistant Glass Filled Nylon